Saturday 21 May 2011

Writing the script

I decided to use the information I had gathered from my research into the text in the book to help with writing the script for my animation. I used a program called celtx to help me write the script.

Advice from a caterpillar

EXT DAY

Alice is surrounded by flowers and blades of grass there is

a large mushroom on the scene about the same size as Alice.


LONGSHOT:

Alice

Alice looks around her sees a mushroom and looks under it, on both sides of it and behind it.

LONGSHOT:

ALICE

Alice stretches herself up on tiptoe and looks on the top of the mushroom, she makes eye contact with the caterpillar.

CLOSE-UP:

Caterpillar

The caterpillar is smoking a long hookah pipe

MIDSHOT:

Alice and the Caterpillar stare at each other.

CATERPILLAR

The caterpillar takes the hookah
out of his mouth and bends forward
towards Alice.

(Languid sleepy voice)

Who are YOU?

CLOSE-UP:

ALICE

(shyly)

I-I hardly know sir just at present.

At least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning,
but I think i must have changed several times since then.

CLOSE-UP:

CATERPILLAR

(Sternly)

What do you mean by that? Explain yourself!

The caterpillar takes a puff of his pipe.


MIDSHOT:

ALICE

I cant explain myself I'm afraid sir.
Beacuse Im not myself you see.

CATERPILLAR

I do not see

CLOSE-UP:

ALICE

(politly)

I'm afraid I cant put it more clearly.
For I cant understand it myself to begin with.
And being so many different sizes in a day is very confusing.

CLOSE-UP:

CATERPILLAR

It isn't

MIDSHOT:

ALICE

well pehaps you havent found it so yet,
but when you turn into a chrysalis
-you will someday, you know
and then after that into a butterfly,
i should think youll feel it a little queer wont you.

as alice is talking the caterpillar takes a few puffs on his pipe.

CATERPILLAR

not a bit

the caterpillar turns around so that his back is facing Alice.


CLOSE-UP:

ALICE

Well perhaps your feelings may be different,
all i know is it would feel very queer to me.


CLOSE-UP:

The Caterpillar leans towards Alice in an intimidating manner.

CATERPILLAR

(contemtuously)

YOU, Who are YOU?


LONGSHOT:

Alice is really irritated she draws herself up.

The caterpillar puffs on his pipe

ALICE

(very gravely)

I think you ought to tell me who YOU are first.


CLOSE-UP:

CATERPILLAR

why?


ALICE

Alice turns away from the Caterpillar and storms off.


LONGSHOT:


The Caterpillar waves at Alice to get her attention
CATERPILLAR

(calls out)

Come back! Ive something important to say!


MIDSHOT:

ALICE

Alice stops, turns around and walks back to the caterpillar


CLOSE-UP:

CATERPILLAR

The caterpillar hesitates and takes a puff of his pipe


CATERPILLAR

keep your temper!

No comments:

Post a Comment