Monday 30 May 2011

I hate you mr caterpillar

this model was beginning to coause me some real grief. I decided i would make him rounder in the quickest possible way so that i could crack on with my animation.

luckily alice and the caterpillar where only togther in a few scenes so i was able to animate the scenes with alice in the day, whilst at night I worked on the caterpillar.

i came up with a quick solution to my problem and decided to recarve the part of the body that was squared, these are the steps that i took to do this.


I used a craft knife to cut the caterpillars skin off, it was weid because the model magic on the inside was perfectly preserved and hadnt hardened


I removed the styrofoam body so that I could recarve it to make it more round.


i laid his skin out flat so that it would loose its square shape, this way i could remould it around the new caterpillars body.


I removed the cloth tape which was absolute murder to do, then I recarved his body to make it rounder with a craft knife.


after I had done I wrapped the "skin" around the recarved body and filled it in with model magic.
I then repainted it, and readded the detail and hair (just the same as I did in the previous experiments)

and here he is


and he looked....... LIKE A BIG GREEN BRICK WITH SPOTS AND A FACE.
I CERTAINLY DIDNT WANT TO PUT HIM IN MY SCENE, OR ANIMATION.
I wouldnt want to put him in any place other than the bin.
so thats where he went, I would absolutley have to make a new model, or FAIL.
And i wasnt planning on doing that any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment